Data Solutions Engineer
ANALYTICA is seeking a Data Solutions Engineer to support a federal government client in the DC metro area (Note - your work location is REMOTE). In this assignment, you will be a team member serving the client in advancing the customers use data, metadata, as well as explore new technologies to better meet those needs.
This is a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and a background in developing data solutions across the data lifecycle.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to solution matters, architect nuisances, and come up with alternatives. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Research, design, build, optimize and maintain reliable, efficient, and accessible data models, systems and pipelines/APIs etc.
- Support, with guidance, the analytic and/or operational use of data.
- Align closely with Enterprise partners in data science, architecture, governance, infrastructure, and security to apply standards and optimize production environments and practices.
- Collaborate with business owners to optimize data collection, movement, storage, and usage to data process and data quality.
- Convert concepts & ideas into workable prototypes (custom or COTS products) for client reviews and acceptance.
- Translate business needs into:
- data architecture solutions development within supported data systems.
- data orchestration pipelines (source to target analysis & recommendations), data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes within supported data systems.
- Prototype, test and integrate new data tools (i.e. data features and functionality) as defined by the product owners and business teams
Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems management or similarly related degree.
- 7+ years of professional data solutions development and implementation experience with:
- AWS (Glue, Athena, API Gateway)
- SQL, NoSQL
- Data developments with modeling tools such as Neo4J, Erwin, Embarcadero, transforming logical, physical, conceptual, reverse engineering & forward engineering.
- Development with Alation and/or EASparx
- Data Movement tools such as Informatica & others…
- Unit testing
- RESTful API Development
- Desire and willingness to learn new data tools
- Has an Agile mindset and iterative development process background
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- CMS data experience a must
- CMS Public Trust clearance, EUA highly preferred
- AWS CDK and/or other AWS services (or comparable cloud data solutioning tools)
- Experience with Git and CICD pipelines
- Relational database design
- Microservices / Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS)
- Prior experience with CMS, preferably within clinical quality or standards area
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD., the company is an established 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.