AWS Security Engineer
Analytica is seeking an AWS Security Engineer to support one or more dynamic, long-term federal government enterprise data programs. The remote AWS Security Engineer will work cross-functionally to assess risk and help deliver countermeasures that protect customers and company data. The candidate will work with engineering teams to create solutions that solve or remediate security problems.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to solve matters, architect nuisances, and come up with alternatives. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implementation and hardening of cloud environments by clearly establishing the tenant boundary and implementing a defense-in-depth approach.
- Architect, engineer, and maintain complex cloud environments.
- Implementation of the principle of least privilege for tenants and their subscriptions.
- Configure, collect, analyze AWS logs from different sources such as platform logs, performance data from virtual machines, and application logs.
- Create queries, alerts, reports, and dashboards.
- Evaluate, architect, deploy and maintain AWS infrastructure resources including network, VM, storage accounts, and all networking configurations.
- Ensure best practices of security requirements are deployed for an information system
- Analyze scan results, and document findings for compliance
- Develop assessment programs
- Assist with cyber incidents as necessary
- Assist with forensics and analysis when appropriate
- Employ best practices when implementing security requirements and working on or in a system
- Participate in security exercises and working groups as applicable
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience of work experience with at least two of those specialized in cyber security
- 5+ years’ experience technical experience effectively providing network and/or systems administration, information assurance security, testing, and evaluation.
- Experience with CI/CD containers and how to secure them
- Understand the risks Government Agencies face and how to use the AWS to design “Zero Trust - Identity and Data Centric” solutions that will mitigate these risks and ensure compliance.
- High technical ability/aptitude, demonstrated through prior technical experience and accomplishment
- Experience in applying security to cloud technologies (Managing secrets, Securing CD pipeline, Secure Infrastructure as Code, Container Security, DevSecOps and CI/CD Implementation.)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English, in a clear, concise manner
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Public Trust security clearance
Certifications in information security (such as GCIA, GCIH, CEH, CISSP, SSCP, Sec+, AWS Security, etc.)
Experience in a cyber security operational environment
Active Security clearance
Knowledge and experience using an incident response framework
Programming or scripting experience
Server and/or application administration experience
Experience with government contracting firms supporting the Federal government.
About Analytica: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. The company is an award-winning SBA certified 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
Analytica LLC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Analytica LLC will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.